Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Blog # 2 work readiness skills

      I use many of the work readiness skills in my internship at the YMCA. One work readiness skill I use in my internship is to be tolerant. For example, when a baby is crying extremely loud, I have to be tolerant of her behavior. I learned that not everyone is going to do what you expect or want them to do. Another work readiness skill that I use is professionalism. For example I cannot wear a fancy dress or high heels to  watch children at the YMCA. I have to wear something comfortable, and that I can be active in, but I definitely can't look like I just got out of bed. I learned that you cannot dress any way you want at work. Lastly, I had to work harder with the work readiness skill of serving the needs of others. For example, I had to work harder to try to figure out what the babies needed or wanted so they would stop crying. These are just a few examples of how these skills are used during my internship.

3 comments:

  1. I was smiling while reading your blog, it's great you can be tolerant because I think I could not do for a long time what you do at the YMCA, good examples of professionalism, I think everything you said made sense.
    Good luck on the rest of your internship :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. working with children can be hard but you make it seem easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree tolerant because one of mine is also to be tolerant.

    ReplyDelete