Saturday, July 25, 2015

Blog #5

I am grateful for the people, both friends and family that I surround my self with, they are very supportive of my decisions, I am also grateful that I got to know the people at my internship. I am very lucky to have had the hands on experience of hat a job feels like because a lot of people don't get the chance because they don't know about it or are to lazy to do anything during the summer. I am grateful class taught me how to improve my resume and showed me what a cover letter was because I honestly had no clue what a cover letter was. I am also happy that I created A LinkedIn  profile because that also shows a future employer that I am serious and there aren't many teenagers with these profiles so I am ahead of the game. I have learned to be less shy because if you are more open than it shows you are more social and aren't afraid.

What did you learn about yourself? I learned that I am a very tolerant and patient person, because even though sometimes the children at the camp were just getting on my nerves I was calm and and tolerant of them. I am also somewhat organized and I can improve my self so one day  I can say I am very organized.

How did reflecting on what you learned (Discoveries) make you think differently about yourself? I am not perfect but I do have some qualities that add up and make me a good, reliable person as a friend and in the work field.

Consider lessons you were able to learn both technical or people skills. I learned how to use Blogger which I didn't know about before and also google slide which will be helpful in my future assignments. I learned that you have to be patient around children and that your employer likes it when you communicate with your customers or in my case the children.

I am very lucky for the opportunities I was given this summer because not many people get the chance to do something like this. This will be great for my resume and I gained knowledge being apart of the Internship and the Class. I am grateful for what life has given me.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that this class helped a lot with the resume and a cover letter! I also had no idea what a cover letter was like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creating a linked in profile is definitely a very useful tool! I also learned how to use blogger and think it is going to help in the future.

    ReplyDelete