Friday, July 3, 2015

Blog #2 Work Readiness Skills

Positive:

Acts with diligence - Acting with diligence has definitely helped me in my internship in the first weeks. I came in not knowing much about what the routine was for the kids and often times I had to ask clarifying questions as to what to do and stuff like that. This helped me to get to know the kids and the other teachers. I made sure that I was doing what I was supposed to be doing and did it correctly. On the first day I asked questions about what we are doing next and how to handle situations which was necessary. 

Can Communicate Effectively - In my internship I definitely made sure that I was communicating to the very best of my ability with the other teachers and the children. It is vital to be able to communicate what everyone wants to do in a situation with the other teachers. When I was wondering how to put away the chairs after snack time, one of the teachers helped me put them away and kind of over-viewed what it should all look like, which helped me a lot. 

Needs Improvement:

Professional - Some things that are holding me back a bit is being on time when going to my internship. It is more informal than a job or something so it isn't really a problem, but I think I need to start being on time everyday. 
      

1 comment:

  1. I have had the same problems with professionalism in my internship and have noticed the informality as well. I have had difficulty not only arriving on time but figuring out the schedule because of said informality. I don't know if you've run into this same problem but I have found it helpful to reaffirm the schedule for the next work period at the end of each work time.

    ReplyDelete