Friday, July 24, 2015

blog #5

I am full of gratitude for my learning experiences during class and in my internship. These two made my summer much more interesting and memorable.

Class
I am so thankful to have learned so much from Mr.Morales and to have learned so many skills. This class really helped me understand my values and character strengths. Each tuesday I learned something new. I enjoyed way book and writing discoveries after tests because i felt like way book really helped me express my thoughts out. Additionally now i know how to plan out my future. I learned about finance and expenses in my future. Building resumes, job applications and cover letters were really helpful as well. Linked in is also a source that i learned to value. Mr Morales along with Mrs. Horton have done a fantastic job! Mrs Horton providing us (me) with an internship and Mr.Morales helping us being work ready. For the future, I know what skills are needed and how goals should be planned out the S.M.A.R.T way.

Internship 
Additionally, I am so blessed and thankful to have had the oppurtunity to have worked at Cake Art. Because of Cake Art i met  wonderful allies and friends. I learned basic skills that can be used for any job. I learned professionalism, organization skills and cleaning skills. I had a blast! Cake Art is only full of sweet and kind people.

Overall, I had an amazing experience. If it wouldn't have been for the above i would have spent my summer doing nothing productive and fun. I would have not learned about myself as i did in the internship class and i would have not been as ready as i am now. Hopefully next summer I'll be doing something as fun as this

All my thanks to  the members of Cake Art and the staff of Marin County Office of Education.

5 comments:

  1. You are very grateful for what you have learnded and gained from both the class and your internship as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here I'm glad I took the class because I never new Apple used a different method to advertise then other companies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same about if I didn't have taken this class I would also have spent my summer doing nothing productive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I identify a lot with the things that you said you were grateful for in your post, especially having to do with the class. I learned so many things every week both about myself and about how to be ready to enter the professional world in the future. I'm glad that you had such a good time at your internship and that you learned so many skills that you can take with you into future jobs. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with what you said about how you are glad about taking the career management class. I can also relate to the skills you felt you strengthened from my own internship!

    ReplyDelete